Monday, July 23, 2007

Winding down

This weekend was so crazy that I haven't had the time (or energy) to upload pictures of the birthday party yet. It was a HUGE hit. The kids LOVED the scavenger hunt, the adults were impressed with the cake (and Jordan loved it) and the birthday boy was completely spoiled with gifts. He got tons of water toys, a slip n slide, clothes, movies, books, a Spiderman costume AND a pirate costume, and from Daddy (and I), a bike. I was able to write out all the scavenger hunt clues after we got to the park, and it was actually easier than I thought. Bad poetry isn't hard. =)

The only sucky part of the day happened after the party when we were all back at the house and Jordan's mom came over. I don't want to say too much on that subject because I don't know who's reading this, but I cannot even tell you the emotions I've been dealing with over the past 3 days. The further from that night we get, the better things seem, but then Jordan will start talking about it again and I can tell that this has brought up a lot of emotional turmoil for him. I'm having to be really careful how I respond to what he says, and be sensitive to him (and make sure I don't try to "win him over" and be the "better mommy" because he and I already have our (much stronger) special relationship). There are so many things I want to say to that woman, and I'm trying SO hard to deal with them appropriately.

Anyway, I'll try to post pictures tonight!

No comments: