Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Throw me some ideas!

Ok, have any of you had trouble getting your kids to brush their teeth? How do you solve this problem?

Jordan does NOT like to brush his teeth. He also battles bath time, even though he loves it once he's IN the tub. Getting him to do either one is like pulling teeth. We've tried cool new toothbrushes, having him brush them at my house (with a cool new toothbrush), using the "we are not going to the park until your teeth are brushed" approach, etc. I know that a big part of the problem is lack of routine (i.e. a bath and brush teeth before bed every night) but since I don't live there I have a hard time doing anything about that. He's also sensitive because he has so many loose teeth and those teeth hurt to brush. We've done the whole Agent Code Blue stuff where he rinses and it leaves blue on his teeth where they need brushing and then he brushes them for however long and then Daddy or I get a turn, but he usually pulls away because his teeth are so sensitive and when he does them himself he only brushes his front four teeth.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know!

No comments: