Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Under the weather

I'b sick. I'b all stuffed up and by head hurts and I can't breathe. I went hobe early yesterday (noon) and I slept and slept. By kitty was excited for snuggle tibe.

Yesterday morning I woke up and could not drag myself out of bed, although this is usually true of Monday mornings. I got up, got in the shower, was washing up and fell. Yes, I fell in the shower. I came down HARD on my left side, and somehow also banged my right arm, between my shoulder and elbow. My left knee, hip and wrist (same one that was injured in the car accident) are feeling pretty sore. I can't lay on my left side because of where I banged my hip. Thank goodness I didn't hit my head because I was the only one home. Since Tessa has also fallen in my shower and Diana has almost fallen in the shower, we'll be investing in some sort of tub mat.

I noticed on the bus that I had a slight headache and thought that was weird because I hadn't even done anything yet that day.

I got to work and after about an hour I was feeling really sore and achey and my headache got worse and worse. When it came time for my break I could not stay awake so I took a 15 minute snooze downstairs and when I woke up my head was pounding. I went and asked my boss if I could go home and she told me that since it's my last two weeks, that doesn't look very good on me. I'm not exactly sure how it doesn't look good since I already got the new job... She said to stay as long as I could and if I needed to leave, then okay.

As long as I could was until the next bus came.

I went home, ate put in a movie and fell asleep. Steve came over and cuddled for a little while and then I fell asleep again. I was awake to watch Ellen, Friends and Two and a Half Men and then fell asleep again. I woke up to drink some soup and tape The Bachelor and fell asleep again (until my dumb cat started attacking a plastic bag in my room at 4:30am!). Today I'm all stuffy (one side of my nose - I hate that), my head feels like it's full of cotton and I have a little bit of a tickle in my throat, but I'm far less achey. All that sleep must have helped.

I've been taking DayQuil every 4 hours and Tylenol off and on so my plan is to go home, take NyQuil, watch my Bachelor tape and go to bed. Jammies sound so good...

No comments: