Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Touch down

I keep wanting to post and I keep being SO exhausted at the end of the day that I check my e-mail, read other blogs and then fall into bed. And now I'm fighting a cold/the yuckies so this won't be very long! I have all these blogs written in my head so at some point I will type them. =)

Some high points of this week:

- I applied for an apartment on Sunday. My mom and I went and looked at it on Friday and it's a decent place. Enough so that if they called and offered it to me I would say yes. It wasn't anything special (it needed new countertops and badly needed a paint job, the second of which I would ask for) but it was affordable and spacious.

- I was approved for three days off work in the middle of June. I took them off because Steve has a week off at the same time so we're hoping to really relax and get out with Jordan and do some summer stuff.

- I probably get to go visit Stacy next weekend! She's been wanting to take me out and about in Portland so we're gonna go out on Friday for drinks (read: ONE DRINK FOR MIKAILA) and then on Saturday maybe we can to the Portland thing. =) I'm anxious to see what she does up there and maybe check out a few places with her.

- This week has been NUTS at work (not such a high point) but a couple of times recently I have been praised by both my supervisor AND my manager for the job that I'm doing. I hear from another coworker on a regular basis that she appreciates and admires the job that I do (because it's not an easy one and people take that for granted) and let me tell you, it is NICE to feel appreciated at work and to know that you are doing a good job.

- I now have two steady babysitting jobs (one hasn't started yet but I have it to look forward to!) which means extra steady money for awhile.

- Josh is coming home for a week at the end of the month and Tessa is probably coming to visit at the same time! I miss both of them so it will be really cool to all hang out.

No comments: