Friday, October 9, 2009

5 for Friday - five things I am looking forward to!

October is an exciting month for me. At least this year. (Who am I kidding? My anniversary is in October, therefore it is one of my favorite months anyway.) This year it's extra good.

1. Not only is Monday my four year anniversary, it is also Dorothy's 66th birthday. Heather and Ellen (our neighbor) have been scheming and have put together an art show to honor Dorothy! For a couple of hours on Monday evening we will be having a small artist's reception at an art gallery downtown and will display several of Dorothy's watercolor paintings. (I will try to post one of her paintings on here soon.) I am very excited for it.

2. Next Wednesday is the Star Wars orchestra concert that Jordan has been WAITING for! I'm not totally sure what to expect but I know we will have a great time. I'm a little nervous because there wasn't an option to buy a child ticket but I'm hoping that's just because there was no price break. I'm thinking Jordan certainly will not be the only child there. I mean, it's Star Wars.

3. I have 2 1/2 days off work next week! One of those days I will be hanging out at home most of the day because I want a chance to meet with Dorothy's Hospice nurse and social worker (plus I want to sleep in!). But the next day Steve and I get to leave mid-morning for our anniversary at the coast! Which brings me to...

4. Our anniversary! I am so thrilled to be getting out of town, even for just one night. I'm hoping the weather is decent enough to go for a walk on the beach but if not, that's ok. I like rainy weather at the coast, too. :) I'm really excited to give Steve his gift, too. Yay!

5. And last, but certainly not least, my cousin is getting married towards the end of this month and I'm very excited about that! I barely know his wife-to-be (I've only met her once) but I'm hoping to get to know her around Christmas when I will hopefully see them at two different family gatherings.

Hooray for things to look forward to!

No comments: