Sunday, September 9, 2007

Not too shabby for Mikaila...

The insurance company of the other man in the accident payed for me to have a rental car for 5 days. Why only 5 I have no idea (the 5 days is up and I don't have the check for my car, so that doesn't make much sense, but whatever). The guy behind the counter told me it was a Chevy Impala. Ok, nice car. I get out to it - it's a NICE car. I drive it for a day, look at the keychain and realize it's a 2008 Chevy Impala! No pressure or anything! This car drives like a dream.



It was awesome to have a car for 5 days and be able to get some things done. I also got to see my boys more than I normally would have, which was great for all of us. Today Jordan and I went to the aquatic center for a couple of hours and wore him out so he'll be nice and tired for bed tonight and ready to start school in the morning! (I will post pictures soon!) He loved going off the diving board and spent the majority of his time UNDER the water, not above it. He's a little fish! Due to the unfavorable reaction between water and cameras/phones, I don't have pictures. But I assure you, it was a good time! =) It was a great way to end the summer.

I also got a call about an interview for the job I applied for last week (didn't get the first one I applied for - can't remember if I posted that). I wasn't able to call back until late Friday afternoon and had to leave a message so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to set up an interview. Someone said it's a high pressure job (and a little bit strict) but I'm actually looking at it as somewhat temporary and I am SO ready for change!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well that's a nice treat! It's fun to have things like that happen to you sometimes, isn't it? Glad you were able to get out of the house. Sometimes that's so important.