Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Experimenting in the kitchen...

This is something I saw on Mirlandra's blog. She says it sounds like the worst recipe ever because where I have put ground beef, the recipe called for SPAM. Okay yes, that is DISGUSTING. However, the rest of it sounded decent. Sure, it's a casserole, so maybe it sounds gross if you're not a casserole person, but I don't mind them and so... I think I will give it a try!

1 pkg elbow macaroni (7 oz)
2 cups broccoli (it said frozen, I would use fresh)
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 cups skim milk
2 Tbs cornstarch
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
2 Tbs margarine, melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In casserole dish combine macaroni, broccoli, beef and red pepper. In a small saucepan stir together milk, cornstarch and pepper until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and stir until melted. Stir sauce into mixture in casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs and margarine and sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Now that I think about it, I used to make something fairly similar to this and it was dee-licious!

No comments: