Saturday, November 17, 2007

Eight random things

Carrie tagged anyone who wanted to do this, so I decided to do it. (And Tessa is bugging me to post more blogs. See, I do have fans.)

The tag goes like this:

List eight random things about yourself.

That being said...

1) I have to drink milk when I eat ice cream. If I don't, it feels like something is missing. It would be like eating spaghetti with no sauce.

2) Like almost every girl I know, I have been dreaming about my wedding day since I was little. I've always wanted to put together a notebook with pictures, ideas, etc. that I like or would want to incorporate into my wedding. Today I finally started that notebook.

3) I firmly believe that you can never have too many books. Sure, my apartment only has so much room for books, but still. We have three bookshelves in our living room alone (and the room is not that big), plus another half-bookshelf in the "hallway" and one in my bedroom. Someday I want to live in a house with a room just for books. Not a "study" or "den" but an actual room with bookshelves everywhere and a big huge comfortable chair. Ahh...

4) I'm getting excited about moving next summer. I could go on and on about why I don't want to live here anymore, but I do that a lot, so I won't. Let's just say, I never want to own a dog and I really don't want to live anywhere with communal laundry facilities either.

5) I still love my new job. I got "scolded" for something on Thursday which had me almost in tears because my supervisor scolded me in front of other people and did it in a rather harsh way, which was extremely embarrassing for me. It was good that she told me what she did, but I would have preferred it if she'd taken me aside, or into her office, and told me what I did wrong. I'm still learning, I don't want to be embarrassed in front of others.

6) Thanksgiving is going to be WEIRD this year. We usually have 45-50 people (all relatives) and we rent the fairgrounds because there are just too many of us to fit in a house. This year half the family is not coming. Seriously. We are expecting 28. I was not looking forward to it because the fairgrounds is huge and cold and dirty and loud and the cousins that I am closest to will not be there. A couple of days ago my mom sent out an e-mail and said that she was able to cancel our reservation at the last minute and get the deposit back and we're having Thanksgiving at my parents' house! I'm thrilled. It's still going to be weird to not have half the family there (in fact, it'll be a lot like the normal gatherings that we have throughout the year with the "locals") but it'll be wonderful to have real (not public) bathrooms, internet, couches, and the comforts of an actual home. I can't believe it's only 5 days away! I love Thanksgiving.

7) I'm thinking about making a list of things to complete before the end of the year. Things like creating a rough-draft budget for next summer (moving), reading certain books, cleaning out certain closets/corners/cupboards, etc. (Have I mentioned that I cannot wait to get out of this place?)

8) I'm shrinking. My tight jeans are no longer tight. The most likely reason I can come up with is that I'm constantly on the move at work. I rarely sit down for more than 3 minutes at a time. I run stairs, I walk floors, I drink a ton of water. Sure, it feels healthy to do all that, but I don't want to shrink any more! Yes, I know, I know, enjoy it while I can. It's the buying new pants that I hate (hopefully it won't come to that). And yes, I still eat like a horse.

Hmm, this 8 things about me is totally not what I expected it to be. =) Well, hope you enjoyed it. I'm hoping to post again before Thanksgiving, but I also expect to be busy with grocery shopping, cooking, house-cleaning, etc. So if you don't hear from me before then, a VERY happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: