Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thoughts on Wednesday

Let me just say again - I really miss blogging.

Let me also say, I still really love my job. My favorite day of the week is Tuesday, though I'm not really sure why. I think just because it's busy and fairly predictable. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, but they also have a massage therapist that comes in to give the employees massages on Tuesdays. Yeah, it's a rough life. (Apparently it's been proven to cut down on the job injuries so I guess that makes it worth it!)

I went to the doctor last week and found out that I have IBS. That helps explain all the stomach aches I've been getting lately. I also get them from stress, so sometimes it's hard to tell, but I haven't felt stressed much lately, so...

You know those dolls that eat and cry and poop and talk "do" everything else a human baby does? Yeah, well now there's one called the Amazing McKayla. I've always thought those dolls were pretty stupid, so it just thrills me that there is now one with my name.

I get SO irritated with people who start their laundry and then leave it in the washer/dryer. I'm sure I've said this before. Probably recently. One of the dryers is broken so everybody is using one laundry room (two washers doesn't do any good if you only have one dryer). Tonight I went to do a load of laundry and the washer AND dryer were full. The clothes in the dryer weren't even warm, so they'd been there for awhile. Luckily the person left laundry baskets on top of the dryer, so I pulled all their clothes out of the washer to start mine. Half an hour later they finally came and started the dryer, so I'm waiting another hour to be able to finish mine! Grr!

I have to say, The Bee Movie is GOOD. We went to see it a couple of weeks ago and it's an awesome movie. Luckily Jordan was preoccupied during the preview for The Golden Compass. I don't want him to want to watch that movie.

I was supposed to go to Steve's after work today. I was at the library, killing time before catching the bus to his place. He called but I didn't answer because I was on the computer in a quiet section of the library. I texted him that I'd call him in a little while and he said, "No, call now. I'm serious." Freaking out, I logged off the computer and went downstairs to call him back. Apparently Jordan is extremely sick AND their cat died today. Luckily I spotted my mom across the library right then so I went home with her. I really wanted to see my boys tonight because I haven't seen Jordan for almost a week and I really miss him, but he's feeling so crummy. =( Poor guy.

I am super thrilled that I get to see Stacy this weekend! Tomorrow is her birthday so that's exciting. Her sister is taking her out for her 21er this weekend. And I can't wait to give her her presents!

Speaking of presents... I've been thinking about Christmas. It's only a month away! Crazy! I've decided what I'm getting for my immediate family, but people like Steve and Diana are hard to buy for. I'm not the kind of person who gets gifts for everybody I know - my list is very short. I keep it to my immediate family, Steve, Jordan, Diana, Stacy and usually Madre and maybe one or two other friends. But it also started me thinking on what I would like to receive for Christmas... I don't think I have ever made a Christmas list for myself. I have always thought of myself as a fairly easy person to buy for (whether that's true or not, I've thought it). When people ask me what I want, I don't know. But this year I have a handful of ideas. Some I don't expect to receive (they're just on my wish list). So in case you are interested (NOT so that you will buy me stuff), I would like:

  • An iPod. Even a small one that doesn't hold 8 billion songs.
  • Nursing shoes. I pretty much hate my work shoes. I wear them because they are the only flat shoes I own. Well, work appropriate.
  • The newest Mannheim Steamroller CD.
  • Books. I love novels. I love Christian fiction and I love romance. Somehow I can always make room for more books on my overly full bookshelves.
  • Border's gift cards. You can never have too many of those.
  • Cold Stone gift cards. Ditto.
  • Gift cards to places like Fred Meyer, Target, etc.
  • Cash. Ya can't go wrong.

I can't ask for things like gas cards because, well... I DON'T HAVE A CAR!

Okay, my stomach hurts and I'm hungry, so it's time for a snack and then time to change my laundry. Tomorrow's Thursday and Survivor! I'll be at coffee on Saturday because, yay, I'll get to see Stacy!

Closing quote:

If love were made into colors, a child's day would be filled with rainbows.
~My mom

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am not really sure what the Bee movie IS. Is it a cartoon? I saw a preview for it with Jerry Seinfield so now I'm all confused. I don't keep up with movies much, obviously. Can you give me a run down? I was curious about it after the Seinfield preview.