Monday, December 10, 2007

Hmph

Well, I did it. I got sick.

I woke up this morning and felt like CRAP. Sick to my stomach and crampy and a little bit nauseous. I took my shower and still felt lousy when I got out so I called in sick. I feel guilty doing that because I know when I'm not there it's crazy for everyone else (and just last Friday we had a crazy day because somebody had to go home) but I don't think I could have made it through the day. I went back to bed and slept straight through until 12:30. Of course now I feel totally fine so I feel even more guilty about missing work (especially since this means a day without pay for me since I don't have enough PTO to cover all the holidays) but I'm hoping that 15 hours of sleep was what I needed to get me through the next 2 weeks.

On my list for this week:

- Buy my car
- Measure and tape my new room
- Buy paint and start painting
- Start moving boxes over in my car
- Start packing the kitchen
- Organize the chaos in my apartment a little (especially since our manager asked today if we'd be willing to let potential tenants look at the place before we move out)
- Go to bed before 9 every night until I move

And now the pictures I promised. Unfortunately I don't have "before" pictures, but a lot of you have seen my place and those of you who haven't, well, knowing I'm a neat freak you can assume how it should look. =)
Unfortunately this is not the worst my room looked that night.
That empty space is where I was sitting. Sorting, sorting, sorting.
Critter loves to "help"

I'm off to eat something and pack some more, I'm sure. And then go to bed early. Prayers appreciated this week as I actually buy my car (2 days!) and start the moving/painting process at the new place. I got my tax kicker check and the check for the stereo this week so I'm feeling fairly good about bills (which is good because I'll be paying rent in 2 places for about 10 days, plus it costs to get my car checked out).

1 comment:

Carrie said...

ya!ya!ya! I envy you NOT! Bleh. Moving sucks! Hopefully this will be a smooth and easy transition for you.
And I feel your pain on getting sick. =( Hope getting some rest will carry you through!