Friday, December 7, 2007

A little Christmas survey

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? I love to wrap presents but I love to open them from gift bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I can't stand fake trees. They look SO fake. You'd think they'd be better at making fake trees look a LITTLE real!

3. When do you put up the tree? At my parents we used to put it up around the second week of December. This year I don't have a tree. =(

4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas, and before New Years.

5. Do you like egg nog? Not really. I do if it's spiked, is that bad? =)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm... I always liked getting clothes and books (I was a weird kid).

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I do! I'm thinking about putting it up, even though I'm moving in 2 weeks. I love it.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and Steve.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Jordan. lol And Stacy. I always buy her glue!

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Gigapet. lol

11. Mail or E-mail Christmas card? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hmm... I don't watch a lot of Christmas movies. I have yet to see the Nativity Story but it's on my list as soon as Steve gets it back from his brother.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually just after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Abelskivers. It used to be my mom's toffee but sadly I am allergic to that now. =( I do love those little pecan things she makes (she bites the chocolate end off for me) and I also love the pecan tartletts she makes. And the Christmas cookes.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We always had colored but I've always been dying to have my own tree with white lights and only 2 or 3 colors of ornaments. We were going to this year but we're skipping a tree for obvious reasons.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. I also love several songs each by Plus One and Point of Grace. And I got an amazing instrumental CD by David Crain and I've been playing that a lot.

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay home? Stay home. The farthest we travel for Christmas parties throughout December is Sherwood. Christmas day we go to Stacy's. =)

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comit and Cupid and Donder (yes, it's Donder not Donner) and Blitzen and, of course, Ruldolf.
(Stacy, I did know all those names, but I didn't know that Donder and Blitzen were German for thunder and lightning!)

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? At my parents, an angel. Last year, a star. Eventually, an angel. =)

21. Open the presents Christmas eve or Morning? Christmas eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who miss the real point of Christmas.

No comments: