Monday, July 14, 2008

How is it already halfway through July???

I'm back at my own apartment after house sitting for ten days. I loved the house (big and quiet!) but am very glad I do not own a dog, and am very glad to be back in my own bed. When I opened my front door last night I was greeted by a blast of hot, stuffy air which was not what I was hoping for since it was already nearing 100 degrees outside. I opened up all the windows and placed fans all over the house (hooray for having 4). Then I put on my bathing suit and took a cold shower and LEFT it on because it was nice and cool. I had a hard time falling asleep but thank goodness it's a whole lot cooler tonight.

Work has been nuts. There are still a lot of issues with D and it's becoming VERY frustrating up front. I spoke with my supervisor about it on Thursday and she was really supportive so I'm hoping things will improve soon.

Jordan's birthday is in SIX DAYS! Steve and I finally decided to have it at Chuck E. Cheese, even though we are both dreading it. lol He's been talking about it for two years so we figured this should be the year. This is one of his top 3 ambitions in life (the other two being a trip to Disneyworld and having a baby brother). I've also made the (tough) decision to not make his cake myself because he has his heart set on an Incredible Hulk cake, which is not something I have the ambition to try to make! But I am looking forward to the fact that there will be more kids than just his cousins there. I babysit for a family who has a boy just three days younger than Jordan and they have become fast friends. Plus my friend Harvest and her family are coming so that adds another girl to the mix, which I think is always a good thing.

I've been spending more and more time in Albany over the last couple of weeks which has been a lot of fun and led to some really special times, but boy am I feeling it in the gas tank department. Steve is pretty good about saying, "Honey, I'm not up for the drive but if you want to come here I'll give you some gas money." I don't really enjoy the drive either but I try to understand that he drives ALL day for a living and hey, if that was my job, I wouldn't want to add another 20 minute drive either!

I've been trying to buy lots of fresh fruit and vegetables lately. I really want to get to a farm sometime in the next week or two and pick blueberries, strawberries and raspberries and freeze them. I've been making lots of smoothies and will share the recipe for my favorite one here. =) It's actually a modified version of a Mango Lassi recipe (because my mangoes had gone bad and I'd already started the batch).

3 cups plain yogurt (I use nonfat - 3 cups is one of those big tubs of yogurt)
1 cup water
1 cup milk (nonfat again)
2 heaping teaspoons sugar
2 cups fresh, sliced nectarines

Dump all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Turns out this is a good one to keep in the fridge for a day or two because it makes quite a bit.

And now, even though I know I had more to post, it is past my bedtime. Hopefully I can post more in the next couple weeks (like pictures from our 4th of July family BBQ) before things kick back up with the fair, our church's annual campout and a trip to Idaho for a few days.

Here's to hoping it cools off soon!

1 comment:

Diaria said...

I know a place where you could get blueberries....

teehee, just teasing you, I know you wouldn't want to drive all the way out here for them.

Anywho's tell Jordan happy birthday for me!!! I imagine he still likes dinosaurs, right?