Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The one where no title seems right

It's been too long since I've posted. I know, as soon as I said I would be doing those 5 regular posts a week (Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday), I disappeared.

Today, I'm posting with a heavy heart. About 10 minutes after I got to work yesterday, my mom called me with the news of the death of a close family friend. Landon had flown up from California for his brother's wedding on Saturday and flew home late Monday night. In the wee hours of Tuesday morning he was driving home from the airport and fell asleep at the wheel, colliding with a tree. Yesterday was a day full of denial and disbelief... Today is a day full of devastation. My heart hurts so much.

This week is one of those weeks you just pray your way through. Landon's family is a part of our church and I have never met a support group better than what you will find at our church. People are all leaning on one another and pulling strength from each other.

There are really no words.

I have several posts forming in my head that I will try to post over the next several days. I have lots of pictures from the weekend that Steve and I spent at the beach this weekend (after the trip to the free beach house with friends got cancelled - paying customers signed up). I am attending a cousin's wedding this Friday and most likely a funeral on Sunday.

Don't forget, if I haven't posted in several days, check out my Twitter feed over there in the right sidebar.

1 comment:

Diaria said...

I am sorry to hear that this happened. No words can really help in a situation like this. I am glad that you have friends and family around to help you with this. Tragedies like this are never easy, but at least you have people that love you to help out.

~hugs~