Monday, July 13, 2009

"Not Me" Monday!

Hey all, it's my first "Not Me" Monday! Pop over to MckMama's blog to read the complete rules of this Monday meme.

"Are you feeling guilty for pretending not to notice as your child sucked toothpaste out of the tube? Feel like a slouch for wearing your husband's big, baggy t-shirts all day? We'll don't! Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!"

*****

This week I certainly did not yell at the ringing phone on my desk to just SHUT UP ALREADY and then pick up the receiver and answer politely. I never get sick of the ringing phone at my desk! Nope. Not me!


On the 5th of July I certainly did not stay home from church because I was just too darn tired. There was not a power outage the night before and I was not up 4 times in the night, so I had no reason to be one exhausted caregiver. Nope! Not me!


I also did not say to Dorothy during a bathroom routine, "Didn't we JUST do this?" I never get tired of said bathroom routine and I am always ready and willing to help her with whatever she needs at the drop of a hat and so I would never say such a thing. Not me!


I most certainly did not allow someone to believe that I was Steve's dad's daughter-in-law (therefore, being Steve's wife) without correcting them. I always make sure folks know the correct relationships between people and I would never allow someone to believe such a thing! Of course not. Not me!


And finally, I never hide out in my room when Dorothy has company over. I am always feeling social after a long day at my hospital job and I am always up for entertaining so I never come home and give in to the temptation of my nice, comfy bed. Absolutely not me!


Now it's your turn! Share with us some of your more imperfect moments and don't forget to post your link here with MckLinky!

No comments: