Saturday, January 9, 2010

Life as we know it

A few bullet point things going on right now:
  • I have been sleeping fairly well the past week or so. Dorothy has nights of waking up for Morphine in the middle of the night and nights of sleeping all the way through the night. The other night I asked her if we could do meds and bedtime about an hour earlier than usual and that same night we slept all the way through the night. I felt AMAZING when I woke up!!
  • I will not be at this job much longer. Weeks. Things are happening quickly and new changes take place every day. Dorothy's daughter is currently figuring out when to take her family leave time and will probably decide that after she has some conversations with her mom this weekend. I don't know what that time will look like for me as far as taking time off work, etc.
  • My plan at this point is to move from Dorothy's house into the house that Steve owns in Albany. I'm getting excited about decorating and painting and arranging to really make that house home. And I hope it's the last time I have to move in a LONG time!
  • I'm still brainstorming in my head about what things I would like to get done in the house before I move in. Right now redoing the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen floors (linoleum) are at the top of the list, along with laying insulation in the attic at the back of the house. Eventually I would like to install some motion-sensor lights in the driveway and on the back patio and I would love to re-pour the patio this summer. But for now I think a little paint, my own pictures on the walls and my own furniture will do a pretty good job of making it more homey. I can't wait to have a party there!
  • I also can't wait to get a cat. ;)
  • And to have a big kitchen to cook in. ;)
  • My parents will be in Australia in a couple of months (my dad leaves the middle of February, my mom the end of March and they return together in mid-April) and I'm a little worried that some fairly drastic changes will take place in my life while they're gone. But on the other hand, I have friends and siblings and grandmas who I know will take good care of me while they're gone. And I'm super excited that they get to go on this trip.

Tell me, what do you like to see on this blog? What are your favorite kinds of posts to read? I'm hoping before too long to be able to blog much more than I have been and to post much more than just updates. Share with me. :)

3 comments:

Diaria said...

I love reading everything!!!!

What is the trip to Australia? And why (if it's a vacation) are your parents leaving at different times? Where are they going? I miss Australia!!!!!

RGC said...

Miss Mikaila,

i also just like random musings. nothing of any specific topic. sorry that isn't too helpful!

Tiffany said...

Oooh, a big kitchen to cook in is a must! {wink} Great blog!