I always kind of wonder what the "best" way is to write your own birthday post. ;)
This year I decided it would be good to write 23 things that I am thankful for. I have a lot to be thankful for (far more than 23 things) but lately I have to remind myself of these things. The stress in my life is high but these things rise above that.
1. I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend. He is probably the second single reason (right behind God) that I have even been able to make it this far in my caregiving job. He is a rock beside me, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, a hug to give. I am so thankful to call him my partner.
2. I am thankful for Jordan. That boy is sunshine in my life. Being a mom is not easy but it is so wonderful.
3. I am thankful for my jobs. Both of them. Caregiving is hard but I have learned so much from it. And my bosses at my other job are so incredibly understanding.
4. I am thankful for my parents.
5. I am thankful for nature. For the sun and the stars and the leaves and the rain and the flowers and the clouds and the breeze and the beauty.
6. I am thankful for kittens.
7. I am thankful for my car. Really, that is something I take for granted ALL the time. I love my car.
8. I am thankful for my cooking skills. I WISH I had the time and energy to cook a real meal every night but I just don't. One of the things at the top of my "when I'm back to one job" list includes menu planning and cooking meals every night for dinner.
9. I am thankful for my BlackBerry and my iTouch. 'Nuff said.
10. I am thankful for clean sheets.
11. I am thankful for laughter. And the hilarious things Jordan says.
12. I am thankful for books. Another thing I miss. But I still can't walk into a Borders without walking out with a book.
13. I am thankful for dancing.
14. I am thankful for my sister and the fact that she is one of my best friends.
15. I am thankful for my upcoming birthday trip this weekend! I am SO EXCITED to go see Cirque du Soliel and I told Steve to pack his umbrella because we're going to the Saturday Market in Portland, rain or shine. :)
16. I am thankful for my counselor.
17. I am thankful for a roof over my head, a fridge full of food, a closet full of clothes and a hot shower waiting for me.
18. I am thankful for the ability to choose my faith.
19. I am thankful for "my" dog.
20. I am thankful for the way my parents raised me, which is now determining the way we raise Jordan.
21. I am thankful for photos.
22. I am thankful that no matter how down and out I'm feeling, I still have a LONG list of things to be thankful for.
23. I am thankful for 23 wonderful years on this earth.