Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yeeeehaw!

Life has been crazy (obviously - I've become far less addicted to blogging this week) and I'm just now posting about our church's barn party from a week ago! It was the 3rd annual chili cookoff and pie contest. Steve and Jordan joined me for part of the night, but somebody was tired and exhausted and whiney, so they didn't stay for long. (I think I gave Jordan the impression that it would be more kid-oriented and he was a little disappointed. Plus hungry and he's one of the pickiest eaters I've ever known so no chili or pie for him.) The girls (Kendra and Samia and I) had a good time with the camera and here are some of my favorite shots from the night:


Cowgirl cousins

There was supposed to be line dancing, but the instructor never showed, so Jonathan and Carrie taught a little bit of Nightclub 2 Step, Vita (exchange student of Stacy's family) taught a little Jive and some people tried a little Swing. Somebody taught some basic line dancing steps so that was fun. The whole night was fun!

I came home from work and Diana informed me that she owns nothing cowgirl-ish so she was going as an Indian instead. She and Samia took some pretty hilarious pictures as "cowgirl and Indian" but I have yet to see them.


1 comment:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

There's just something about this time of year that I love...maybe it's all the pumpkins and leaves and barn parties...when else do we get to sip hot cider, dress up and dance in a barn???

Exactly my point!

Much love,
Melody