Monday, November 5, 2007

Words from the sicky

Well, I came home sick from work today. I started feeling kind of crummy last night and fell asleep on Steve's bed. I figured I just ate something that upset my stomach or was extra tired and this morning I tried to shake that groggy, lousy feeling and chalked it up to lack of sleep.

I got to work and felt okay for the first couple of hours, and then all of a sudden, I got this wave of nausea and felt horrible. I tried to tough it out because the day was half over, but it wasn't working. We have this one heater that emits an extremely high pitched squeal on occasion (and at random) and of course, it decided to do it today while my head was pounding.

I was kind of dreading asking my boss to go home because I've only been there a few weeks (almost a month - how crazy is that?) and my old boss always layed a guilt trip on me. "Well, if you feel that bad... But try to work as long as you can..." My new supervisor said, "Yeah, if you feel crummy, go home and rest!" Plus, there's something going around in the office that I've really been trying not to catch (apparently I haven't been trying hard enough) so I was encouraged by everyone to go home and rest. I had to rescedule my eye doctor appointment, too.

I'm debating whether to go in tomorrow or stay home one more day to rest. My head hurts a LOT and my stomach feels really "off" and queasy. I don't want to miss work (especially since I don't earn any more PTO for 5 more months, so at this point I'm just using it but not gaining any and I need it for the upcoming holidays) but I would hate to go in and then leave early again. I think at this point I'm going to take some Nyquil and hope I can sleep (since I took a 3 hour nap this afternoon) and see how I feel in the morning.

I'm all bummed because Steve and I were supposed to have a much needed and long awaited date tomorrow (dinner AND a movie!) and now we might not get to. =( He doesn't want to catch a bug and he says I need rest, even though I assured him that watching a movie at home would be resting. But I don't blame him for not wanting to get sick. He's off work for the rest of the week and who wants to spend their vacation being sick?

I'm off to bed, people. Send healthy thoughts my way.

(Eva, I'm putting your eBay suggestions into practice. I'll let you know how it goes for me.)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Being sick is never fun! Hope you feel better soon.