Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

Here I sit, in my parents' living room, smelling the roast cooking in the oven, my brother sleeping on the couch and my parents talking in the kitchen while they cook.

Yesterday I had a bit of a surprise. The plan was for Steve to go up to the house where I'm staying and drop off a couple of gifts for me to wrap, let the dogs out and wait for me to get home. He walked in the door and heard... the dryer running? He poked his head around the corner and saw Todd, Ciel's roommate. What a surprise! Steve quickly introduced himself and explained why he was there. Todd's job keeps him out in the wilderness for several weeks at a time and he had a day-long break and was home to do laundry. Well!

When I got home he was making use of the new hot tub and drinking a beer. :) I asked him if he would mind taking care of the dogs for the night if I took off (not being comfortable staying in a house with a man that I don't know!) and he said no problem at all. So I went and hung out with two of my friends/co-workers until the wee hours of the morning. :)

I slept at my own apartment last night which was totally weird. I almost felt like a stranger in my own place.

I read something on a couple of blogs this morning that I think I will post here. A list of my favorite things about Christmas!

Smell: Mom's English toffee! And cinnamon.

Song: O Holy Night

Food: Aebelskivers at Christmas brunch! (And, of course, Mom's English toffee.)

Symbol: Snowflakes/snowmen. I'm not a big fan of Santas but I love snowy things. :)

Tradition: Having family night on Christmas Eve! Mom makes a great meal, we open all of our gifts (because on Christmas morning we do stockings and head over to Stacy's for Christmas day!) and play games together. It is so fun and relaxing.

And on that note, I'm off to enjoy it! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! Merry Christmas (one day late)!