Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grovel, grovel, grovel

I know I haven't posted in ten days. I know that's a BIG FAT FAIL at NaBloPoMo.


I just don't care that much.


Ok, I care a little.

But I knew going in that this was a BIG ambition at this point in my life. And, you know, once I missed one day it was all downhill from there. :)

The past 10 days have been a bit crazy! Designing my Christmas cards, hiring and training a new caregiver, entering new realms of caregiving, brainstorming SAFE ways to do transfers and other things with Dorothy, getting ready for Thanksgiving, keeping Jordan up on his homework, and trying to stay caught up on sleep! (The latter of which has gone pretty well.)

I can tell this week that we've sort of stepped into a new "phase" with Dorothy. Transfers to the bathroom are no longer very safe (and are a bit nerve-wracking for me) so we're brainstorming there. Showers are no longer safe at all so she's been confined to bed baths until we can get a new (safer) shower chair. That process is taking FOREVER and now it will be at least next week before she gets one. Dorothy is a very stylish woman so going three days without washing her hair is gross for her (as it would be for anybody).

Heather comes down tonight, along with Terry (Dorothy's ex) and Jeff (Heather's boyfriend) and they're all staying through the weekend. I have five days off! :)

Today I'm going to get my hair cut (but I haven't actually told anybody that so you're the first to know) and I'm changing it up a bit. I have laundry to do, a car to clean out and a few groceries to buy. Tonight we're headed to Steve's sister's for a Thanksgiving dinner with his family. And tomorrow is the big day! :)

No comments: